Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Fifty is five crabs…
or ten dogs and a crab.
Awards & Recognition
- 2004 Notable Book, (One of twelve picture books for the entire year!)
-American Library Association
- A Blue Ribbon Book,
-Bulletin for the Center for Children's Books
- Best Books of 2003
-Bank Street College of Education
- W.O.W. Award
-National Literacy Association's Quality Control Panel, Great Britain
- Children's Literature Choice List 2004
- "Contrary to what the title says, this is more than just a counting book. This book illustrated other numerical principles such as number bonds and addition through counting the feet of different living things. One of the best qualities of this book is that it includes numbers greater than ten."
-Practical Preschool, October 2003
- "This should appeal to many age groups the very young for the visual delight, through those just learning to count to ten, to those on to multiplication."
-Philippa Logan, The Oxford Times
- Download ONE IS A SNAIL, TEN IS A CRAB worksheets.
Worksheet I simple math
Worksheet II intermediate math
Worksheet III advanced problem solving
*the above files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and downloaded.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
K to 5